Friday, October 5, 2007

A Very Cozy Kitchen

Last night before we went to bed, Emily commented that she loves our apartment. It really has been the perfect place for us.

In particular, our kitchen has turned out much better than expected. My parents gave us a free standing counter top which has made the space much easier to use than when we first moved in and with a few finishing touches we made it quite cozy. We put a chair that my brother painted in the kitchen so people can visit with us when we cook and there is an absolutely thriving basil plant on one of the window sills.

This morning I saw a pair of cardinals eating from our bird feeder through the kitchen window so I stopped washing dishes for a bit to just sit and listen to them chit chat with each other.

I'm glad to finally have the comfort and familiarity of my very own kitchen.

3 comments:

Duff said...

How will you cook the cardinals?

Mia said...

haha very funny. also, looks like you all had a lot of fun at hillary's wedding!

Duff said...

More food?