Friday, October 5, 2007

Midnight French Toast and Fried Apples

The title says it all really. Emily and I had a late start on dinner, but it turned out delicious. We had French Toast with fried apples and home-made whipped cream. It was beautiful and quite tasty, but you can really only eat a little bit of something so sweet and rich. The best part is, the meal was completely inspired by our keen sense of thrift. Our apples had begun to brown and their texture was a bit off. Rather than throwing them away we turned them into exactly the meal we were in the mood for.

Right now I'm in the process of making fried rice to have in the refrigerator for later. It's always good for me to have food on hand because, as much as I enjoyed last night's dinner, it certainly doesn't factor in well with my eating healthy plan. If I have food prepared, I can always grab it in a moment of hunger rather than eating unhealthy, albeit delicious, snacks.

No comments: