Sunday, April 20, 2008

Drinks!


Summer is sneaking up on us, and that means that a lot of my food concerns move to delicious cool drinks. There comes a certain point when it's hot that I'm not interested in food. Really I would be ok if I could consume all of my food in milkshake/smoothie/lemonade form.

Sometimes I want thirst quenchers: like this raspberry lemonade that I whipped up the first warm weekend a week or two ago. All I did was muddle a few raspberries into some lemonade that I had whipped up (half a lemon and sugar to taste) for Mia and myself.

Then I want meals in drink form. My new favorite thing is an orange Julius. I had only known about these because I think in a childhood book "Where's Julius" they drank them. Mia suggested last summer when I was hungry, thirsty and hot that I make one. I immediately thought it sounded disgusting and didn't believe her. Blend yogurt and orange juice? nothing about that seemed like a good idea. But I guess it sounded good enough for me to try. I was proven delightfully wrong! It's delicious! I blend totally by eye orange juice, yogurt, sugar and vanilla together, I love it!

No comments: