Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chicken Bombs


so, there have been a few questions about my mention of "chicken bombs".

A chicken bomb is actually an imitation of a meal that I order sometimes at David's Place, a tasty dive on the way back from the beach in RI. Hopefully I'll get to go there on Monday as we're planning on going to the beach....I think I'll order the fried clams...

Anyhow there is a "sandwich" that they call a chicken bomb, so I call it that too.

It's vaguely like a fajita on a roll. Chicken cut into long strips that have been cooked on a griddle, preferably one full of "flavor" (read used to cook tons of stuff in a short order place). There are also lots of sauteed peppers and onions in long strips. This is all served on a roll with melty cheese on top. I don't have a picture 'cause we ate them too quickly this time.

They are best consumed outside at a picnic table with clam chowder to start and a root beer float to finish.

No comments: