Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cookies and Craftiness

At some point on Sunday, after spending the afternoon playing Spades with my brother Aaron and our sister-in-law Beth, I felt markedly crafty. And by crafty I mean "feeling the need to make something" not "inspired to make mischief." So Beth and I made cookies! We made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with no raisins much to my father's chagrin. We both agreed that one or the other was really the way to go with oatmeal cookies and acted on the 'chef's prerogative.''

Another day, Dad. Another day.




The cookies turned out a little flatter than they normally do, but the chewiness that resulted was actually very tasty. I think Beth and I make a fine team in the kitchen and it was great to have someone to share the heavy lifting with--what with both of us having such wimpy arms it can be difficult stirring in that last cup of oatmeal!

No comments: