Friday, February 1, 2008

A case of the Januaries

January was a month of 'quick meals' for Emily and I. Gone are the days of leisurely cooking, namely due to our busy schedules and non-compliant oven.

We've perfected the art of the 20 minute meal, mainly by cooking simply, but I must admit we have on occasion reverted to college-esque cuisine.

Last night, for example, we made a meal of scrambled eggs with an abundance of mushrooms, onions, and asparagus, plus a few slices of fresh tomato on the side. While the meal certainly hit the spot, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed in my culinary creativity.

So, here's to February and high hopes for many delicious dinners to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much as I value my 'British Tuna Salad', I can't really claim it as all that culinarily creative--and it's probably the most culinarily creative thing I've made all month. So, you're not alone.

Beth said...

i hear you! i was full of good intentions but i didn't really follow through. i wanted to make a bunch of gnocchi to freeze but that never happened. i did make meatballs though, and i ground the meat myself in a food processor, which i can't believe i never did before: so easy, and very fluffy ground meat. you have to partially freeze the meat first though, otherwise you end up with a meaty goo.

Mia said...

Dear --

The tone of your comment leads us to believe that we know you, but cannot deduce your real identity?

If you wish to maintain the protection of a secret identity, we will respect that decision.

Our curiosity was peaked by your endeavors...

Beth said...

sorry, that was me. me being beth. i didn't know how to use my blog layout editor, and i tried changing the "about me" section to the "about this blog" section by just changing section title and putting "--" in the name blank. at some point last week i realized every post said "posted by --," and i felt really technologically and common sensically inept. but good news everyone! i fixed it. i'm so proud. :-)